This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Band 1996 Challenger

Here is my issue with as much detail as I can provide. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

This boat is not reaching the power band. The motor is running great with no issues with speed up to 30. Once I hit 30 the Power Band which used to kick in and then it would go. This weekend it started going out slowly and will not kick in at all now. It is around 5200 to 6000 rpm when the motor just seems to kill but does'nt. I hope that makes sense. It is not killing the motor it just seems to hit a huge hole and will not increase to the power band.

So what I have done is cleaned the power valves and re-inserted. That seemed to work for about 10 minutes and now it is doing it again. It did the same thing where it started going out and if I slammed on the gas it would go and then it goes out all together. The rev limiter is not kicking in and the motor stays running. I can find no clog in the water lines between the exhast and the head and the rest of the exhaust system. The valves move freely up and down and had very little carbon build up. I am new to these PWC so I am sort of learning the ropes. So I just wire wheeled them and was not sure if I should lube them or not.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!
    James

Re: Power Band 1996 Challenger

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X