Repairing a 1996 xp sending unit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing a 1996 xp sending unit??

I pulled it from the tank, and removed the plastic cap off the bottom. Took the float out, and there is nothing on it. If I am not mistaken, isn't it supposed to have a magnet on it? Does anyone know how to fix this? I hate to go out and buy another baffle for $200.
    When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Re: Repairing a 1996 xp sending unit??

Originally posted by codybrown
    I pulled it from the tank, and removed the plastic cap off the bottom. Took the float out, and there is nothing on it. If I am not mistaken, isn't it supposed to have a magnet on it? Does anyone know how to fix this? I hate to go out and buy another baffle for $200.
    Hi, the magnet part must be somewhere in the gas tank. and must be put back in foam float inside bafle tube. to acess foam float, bafle botom plastic has to be removed then mix JB weld blend (epoxi), use the epoxi to glue magnet to foam float, wait some 2 or 3 hours then put everitnig back together.

Comment

Originally posted by codybrown
      Go to Sea Doo parts and order a new float kit, about $7.50 or so.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
        Go to Sea Doo parts and order a new float kit, about $7.50 or so.
        Where can I find that Bill?

Comment

At any Sea Doo dealership parts dept. Or online at www.parkeryamaha.com
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Got 3 so I make sure I have a spare. THANK YOU. Best $25 I ever spent on my ski!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X