98 GTX carb bolts and washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GTX carb bolts and washers

I am reassembling this GTX after installing a new engine. I was not the one who disassembled it in the first place, so I have a box of screws and parts.

I am attaching the carbs to the manifold. There are 4 allen bolts to do so. The blots each have a lock washer and a flat washer. 2 of the flat washers I cannot find.

1) How critical are the washers?
    2) How critical is the thinkness of the washer if I have to find new ones.
    3) How critical is it that the washers be Aluminum (which I am finding hard to find)

Thanks

Re: 98 GTX carb bolts and washers

SS washers would be fine, but they are not critical. You can always order them through your local dealer.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 98 GTX carb bolts and washers

The orginal washers are 8mm stainless steel and you can find them at many hardware stores like home depot, or you can get them from any boat or pwc shop or the Sea Doo dealership. You should use flat washers under the lock washers, thickness is not a concern.

Bill

Originally posted by reiverson
      I am reassembling this GTX after installing a new engine. I was not the one who disassembled it in the first place, so I have a box of screws and parts.

I am attaching the carbs to the manifold. There are 4 allen bolts to do so. The blots each have a lock washer and a flat washer. 2 of the flat washers I cannot find.

1) How critical are the washers?
      2) How critical is the thinkness of the washer if I have to find new ones.
      3) How critical is it that the washers be Aluminum (which I am finding hard to find)

Thanks
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
      X