Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck 97 SeaDoo GS driveshaft

I have a jet pump on a stick.

I can't get the driveshaft out of the impeller on my 97 SD GS. It's been in salt water and the shaft is pretty corroded.

I have tried WD-40 and light hammering. I am afraid of damaging the pump bearings if I whack it too much. I can't get any purchase on the shaft without directly stressing the impeller shaft and bearings.

Do I have to remove the impellor first, then whack away?

What if I cut off the plastic bushing between the impellor and the driveshaft to get more WD40 in there?

Anybody have any ideas out there please?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Stuck 97 SeaDoo GS driveshaft

Originally posted by Snorkel
    I have a jet pump on a stick.

I can't get the driveshaft out of the impeller on my 97 SD GS. It's been in salt water and the shaft is pretty corroded.

I have tried WD-40 and light hammering. I am afraid of damaging the pump bearings if I whack it too much. I can't get any purchase on the shaft without directly stressing the impeller shaft and bearings.

Do I have to remove the impellor first, then whack away?

What if I cut off the plastic bushing between the impellor and the driveshaft to get more WD40 in there?

Anybody have any ideas out there please?

Thanks in advance.
    I secure the jetpump housing in a big vice. I then use a chain to place around the driveshaft right behind the spline end and secure it tightly to the shaft with a bolt and a nut. The other end of the chain gets attached to one of my jetski stands with wheels on it. I rool the cart close to the pump so there is some good slack in the chain, then quickey push the cart away from the pump to snap the chain tight, pulling the shaft out of the pump or the pto, whichever it is stuck into. No damage will occur to the pump or the bearings inside the pump.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: Stuck 97 SeaDoo GS driveshaft

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
      X