Just what the heck IS going on!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what the heck IS going on!!!!!!

I've read it on several posts and still havent made a conclusion of what is really happening when you have a '97 GTX and it wont get over 5 g's and when you hit a wake or blip the trottle and it gets hooked up better. When you hit that wake , and it gets the added RPM's , EXACTLY what did get jarred, or moved, or something? Anybody know?

Re: Just what the heck IS going on!!!!!!

it could be a ground makeing connection check all your grounds and clean them and re-install them

Comment

Having the exact same issue with my 97 GSX. It won't go over 5200rpm, but as soon as I can get the impeller unloaded by going over a wave, it will immediately jump up to 6500rpm, and run great. The next time I let off the throttle, it 'loads up' again. And that's exactly what I think is happening - it's loading up from being way too rich. I run on two lakes, one at 3500' and the other at 6000'. It's worse at 6000'. I think I need a main jet change. Not sure what jet number I need to go to, though. I suspect your problem is the same as mine.

Comment

How's it going, I also have a 97 seadoo GSX, just recently put on a K&N flame arrestor, allowing more air to fuel mixture, had to step it up, so, I got the 147.5
        for the main & 77.5 for the pilot, started @ 1.5 out on l/s and 1/2 out on h/s, made adjustment on water (plug chop at wot), made adjustments,read plug chop about three times, until I saw a coffee & cream burn on the plug chop, just be sure to have what you need to check plugs on the water, replace plugs, idle back in and make your adjustments, GOOD LUCK, FLORIDA Ocean Rider,Sebastian Inlet.

Comment

Working...
        X