1997 Speedster Reverse Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Speedster Reverse Gates

Here is one for ya.........1997 speedster, all stock. The reverse gate on the right side jet is not working correctly. It acts as if its getting hung in what I would call forward. If I release the locking mechanism I can get it to push down to either neutral or reverse, if I move it just enough to clear the lock mechanism and move the shifter to reverse, the gate still stays up. If I pull the gate all the way down and shift it into forward it pulls the gate up fine, just does not slap it down to cover the jet for neutral or reverse. The lock is not jamming up, its something else..........any ideas?? I have tried the adjustments on the linkage at both ends and have had no luck yet. I have seen a few posts where it appears you can bolt the gates togethor with a linkage setup........will this work as well????

Re: 1997 Speedster Reverse Gates

I got up this morning and went down to NAPA, bought some stainless threaded rod and some end caps with bolts in them, drilled out the rivets for the locking mechanism so it couldn't catch, and its fixed..........now its going to be a test to see if the cable holds up to two gates. I don't do subs, so this might be a good, cheap, easy fix........and it all was only $26 total cost, and about 15 minutes of work. Will report back on the progress, heading out now!

Comment

Working...
    X