beep problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beep problem

Hello everyone, last year I bought a 2004 Sportster LE/DI with the single 2 stroke 951 cc direct ignition engine. When I bought it and on my first ride, I heard 1 long beep. At the time, I didn't know what the 1 beep stood for and I knew the engine was not overheating because it happened right way, I continued to ride with no further problems. I bought a manual to find out what the 1 long beep meant and it said (1) Bad connection between safety lanyard cap and DESS post (2) Wrong safety lanyard (3) Dirty safety lanyard cap, or (4) Improper operation of MPEM or defective wiring harness.

Well, I looked at the lanyard and it looked clean so I don't think there is anything I can do at this point. The next couple of times I took the boat out, the same thing happened, except, the 1 long beep would happen more and more but eventually go away. By the way, everything worked perfectly and the engine ran great 60+ mph.

Well, the other day I went out and the 1 long beep started right away, and this time, I noticed that I could not get full power out of the engine. When I shut the engine off and restarted, I would have full power, until the first long beep, and then the engine power would be about ½ power again.

I have checked everything that I know of, any suggestions? Thanks

Re: beep problem

I would like to resurrect this post. I have a problem with the beeper (it doesn't work), and the engine won't rev to full RPMs. (Both engines are doing the same thing)
    1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
    London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Re: beep problem

Craig.. The engines won't rev high when out of the water.. Nice little safety feature they put on the boats...

As far as the problem with the beeper.. Find it (under your dash) and test / replace
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
      X