1995 Seadoo Speedster Acceleration Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Seadoo Speedster Acceleration Problem

I just got this 1995 Seadoo Speedster. As far a I know it has just been tuned up but I am starting to wonder. I am new to boating.

Starts up and runs great. idles evenlly. The two throttle levers are not synchronized and that is really annoying.

The problem i am having is when I accelerate both engines at full throttle the Starboard Engine will reach about 4,000 rpm or so and then die back to an idle while the Port engine continues to 7k rpm thus giving me a 30 mph top speed or so. If I do not go wide open it seems to do ok.

Also, is it a good idea to tie both accelerator linkages together?

I hear alot about the premix thing. Should I be doing this.

Last couple of things:

I am going to bring my boat to the shop for service soon. What should I tell them to perform or will they know this already. i.e. fuel, oil filters, jet pump oil, engine oil. (Is there two different oil changes? Jet pump and Drive?) I am very confused.

Last but not least. I notice when I put the boat in the water I will get some water coming in to the deck area then it drains back out. There is always a little on deck though.

Thank You

Carmine Cupani

Re: 1995 Seadoo Speedster Acceleration Problem

After they test the compression, if the motor is still good, have them rebuild the carbureators and fuel system.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I think the mismatched throttles may be the key to your problem. They can be adjusted in 2 places - at the carbs or under the shifter levers (in that order)
      If one throttle is not pulling all the way, no RPM naturally.

Comment

Re: 1995 Seadoo Speedster Acceleration Problem/Scupper Backflow

Reference the water backing up thru the scupper into the cockpit-cut a piece of window screen and wind it into a cone, and tuck it into the cockpit entry to the drain tube. This will keep leaves, twigs, seeds etc from getting into the tube and messing with whatever valve you have at the water end (my 96 Challenger showed the same problem; after flushing the tube clear and putting a screen on it, it did a much better job of keeping water out--with the OEM rubber cross-style scupper, even tho it had a 1/2" chunk of rubber missing!). There is, however, a cheap & reliable improvement... ;- )

Some guys like the ping pong ball/cage valve (FloMax or MaxFlo, whichever isn't the prostrate med), some dislike the noise that valve makes, and some say it didn't stop the back flow...I cut a flap from inner tube and glued a SS washer to it, to keep it "flat" against the nylon transom flange, against water pressure...punched a couple of holes in the flap and hung it from the upper two flange mount screws. It's simple and has worked great for me.

This is a common complaint on the 14.5 boats...there isn't a whole lot of rise from the release end, to the cockpit end.

Comment

also check prop and wearings in both pumps props should be the same and wearings should both be in good shape ...theise also have to do with max rpms and rpms going up and down..check for any debree in pumps to...if one prop or wearing is bad the engines ill act different.how do the engines run up to out the water?

Comment

Working...
          X