Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 04 Xp Di

Originally posted by Technical Support
    Place some dielectric grease on the tops of the spark plug fittings, then place the wires back on them.
    TECH SUPPORT i actually done this and it worked, for about 1hour but i actually think the problem is the leads because after riding it i noticed it, breaks down regardless whether there is water or not because after blowing the leads and trying it again it still done it. After flushing it i took the leads off the plugs and smelt the inside of them and one of them has obviously been arcing out of some sort because it had a burnt smell to it and the other was nothing like it.
    Hope that makes sense in a way, are they common for ignition leads.

Comment

You could try cutting the wires back about a 1/2 inch then placing the caps back on, see what happens. ( might have to replace the wires )
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Issue still stands with the ignition leads i made some new ones and reused the original caps that cover the plugs i think they have swallen up and there fore keep to much pressure against the leads and keep popping them off just enough to lose that contact. I cut them down the cap that is and tried again but it keeps happening no one i have spoken to has this problem, i have organised it to go to the dealer but am certain that could be the problem Techincal Support what you think.

Comment

Working...
        X