1996 Stator Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Stator Problem

I have a short between all of the yellow wires and the black ground wire on the stator. All three yellow wires are in spec with resistance values to each other. According to the manual the yellows to the black should be infinite resistance. Is the stator bad or are there any other things that could be doing this. I have the stator removed from the mag housing and am getting these readings. HELP! tell me all is not lost! These **** things are expensive!!

Re: 1996 Stator Problem

Is the ski not starting, I dont remember your 1st post, If it has no spark it could be the cdi also. Check the small black ground that goes from the electrical box next to the battery to the battery ground, sometimes the wire breaks in side its covering and this causes a no spark issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 1996 Stator Problem

Did you try to go directly to the iron core? Maybe the ground wire itself is broken inside. If you come up with infinity on the core itself, then there's your problem. I think that wire can be replaced and re-soldered. Believe I read that in a Sea-Doo shop manual. Since you know how to test it, I'll assume you already have the manual. Read the section on "Charging System", I believe the Static Test refers to using the core as your ground.
      Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X