98 seadoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 seadoo

hello everyone..i did somthing stupid and would like some info as to what i have done here goes..i pulled up my sea doos to start them for the first time this year and the batteries were dead,i hooked up a charger and tried to start the engine,seems the battery was dead so i switched the charger to boost/start and the ski started i let it run a minute then reved the motor then it died,when i tried to restart i had no power,i checked connections and found the 5 amp fuse was blown so i put a new one in and re-installed the whole box and still had nothing,pulled the box and found fuse blown again,tried another and it blows as soon as power is hooked up even with out the key....any help as to what needs to be replaced would be way cool....matt austin tx

Re: 98 seadoo

Too bad. Sounds like you blew the MPEM. You need it repaired or replaced. Some people can repair the MPEMS but stay away from used unless you can ensure that it works properly or at least get it with a guarantee. I have had some success in repairing them if you are interested.

hope this helps,

Greg

gregschmidt@badfishpwc.com
    www.badfishpwc.con

Comment

I agree.. MPEM's toast... you never attempt to jump a battery...
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

If you used the boost box then the mpem is toast.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks for confirming what i assumed, i will try to find one ,didnt see it on sbt or on sea doo site,i did get the motor for this ski from sbt and in seems to be a great engine no complaints there,anyone have the mpem i need ? also does it need to be programed to match the key?
          Last edited by matt1963; 03-17-2008, 10:33 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
          X