• Show
Clear All

Re: New SBT 787 engine...leaking Raves

What do those RAVE things do anyways?
    1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
    London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The RAVE is a variable exhaust port system, maximizing pressure the exhaust pipe at certain RPM's. This allows the ski to rev higher, and have a consistant powerband throughout the RPM range. The little paddle moves up and down depending on the exhaust pressure (via the throttle position and RPM's on 99+ models). Kinda like placing a thumb over a hose.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Well I am just getting around to installing the new SBT raves. To facilitate the install on the PTO side, I needed to unscrew the bellows cap. I noticed there is no o-ring. In the 1997 seadoo manual on page 03-05-02 the assembly drawing shows part #25 to be inserted over the rave slide stem. The brand new raves SBT sent me have NO o-rings. I do not have access to the old raves, but perhaps this is why the old raves leaked. I know the manual can be incorrect, but in this instance do I need these o-rings? Secondly, are these new raves normally machined for a 1.00mm over SBT engine...or do I have to machine for clearance?

Comment

You should contact SBT again, I know that the OEM valves must have the O-ring in them, I have no idea what SBT does to the valves they use, make sure that the valves are having the clearance or you will damage your engine.

Comment

Tippy: We've reviewed your records and apparently the following occurred:
            • You received you engine with 41-107, our engine installation kit. As your engine arrives with the raves in place, no rave base gasket are needed or included.
            • Upon you call about the rave valves, the team quickly assembled the valves to assure function. In the process of going "above and beyond", they did not include the base gasket and apparently assembled without the o-rings. They are included in the warranty kit we developed to address any situations such as this. Normal process would have been to paint the housing and send the kit unassembled (and therefore you would have all the parts still in their bag to assemble)
            So that leaves us apologizing. We believe we have corrected the kit issue, and our Customer Service Manager would like to talk to you - pls call us and ask for John. We will continue to try to improve our processes so that we minimize these types of mistakes.

Sincerely,
            SBT Management
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X