1996 XP Bogging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 XP Bogging?

Hi all I have a 96 Xp when it starts and you give it full throttle it accelerates for a second then loses all rpm and boggs and runs about 2-3mph shut if off and start it right back up and it will take right off then same thing falls flat on its face and starts bogging? I had it running beatifully last labor day rode it for about an hour then shut it off for about 2 hours whent back to ride it and samething take off wide open for a second then starts bogging and won't go over 2-3 mph i need help before i get mad and crush this thing with my excavator!

Re: 1996 XP Bogging?

When is the last time you rebuilt your carbs? It probably gets plenty of fuel at idle but if the internal fuel filters are pluged up you will not get enough fuel to the motor to keep it running at mid to high speed. Pluged up fuel systems ane the number one killer to two stroke motors, with out proper fuel flow the engine will run lean and sieze. Tom SBT tech
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I rebuilt the carbs last year I have rechecked the interal filters they were clean. also if one of the rave valves is leaking would that cause a problem? there is thick black slug like grease around one of them? The engine would start right up then full throttle for 1 to 2 seconds then it would vibrate and sound completely different and sputter along?

Comment

Had same problem, found it to be a hole in the rubber hose between the exhaust and the water box. The carbs do not have a fuel pump as such and rely on manifold pressure. It may be accelerating to start with as you are probably burning fuel fed by the primer.

Comment

your problem is common and simple to fix. your rectifier has went bad. it is located in the front fuse box. $70 to replace

Comment

Working...
          X