2000 gtx-di issues (951)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 gtx-di issues (951)

my machine will go with one person on it but as soon as you increase the load it wont get enough bottom end to even plane out ..... i just put a new impeller, wear ring and new spark plugs just for fun... any ideas and i need a new lcd gauge for the ski the dealer price was 650 and i would like to no if there is anywhere that may have used parts like this.

Re: 2000 gtx-di issues (951)

When is the last time the fuel filter was changed in the fuel tank? Lets check the simple cheap things first.Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Also check compression. ;)
      1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
      London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

any ideas about my info gauge, also the throttle response is weak like it bogs first then revs i checked the fuel filter (inline i think thats the only one) it seemed fine, what should the compresion read at
        Last edited by 2000 gtx-di; 06-18-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I believe that engine is a little higher than mine.....I think you should see 150 PSI on the compression guage.
          London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

To all Who post on Our SBT web site. Please DONOT post answers to Peoples questions that you are Not 100% Positive of. Giving out wrong infomation can cause extensive engine damage to our friends machines. Thank you. Tom & Bill from The SBT tech department

Comment

You have a fuel filter at the bottom of the fuel sending unit inside the tank! This is the one you should change. You should NOT have an inline filter and if you do then remove it. You ONLY need to have the in tank filter. Tom SBT tech.

Comment

Is it not 150 PSI for that engine? My buddy's 2002 951cc gives him 150 PSI. I have never found it in any manual that it should be 150 PSI, but I was just trying to help this guy out and give him a speedy answer because I was pretty sure it should be up there at 150 PSI. Is there a chart somewhere posted with each engine's compression specs? That, and torque settings would be helpful if they were on this board somewhere. The Clymer manual that I paid $45 or whatever to SBT for is a POS. I rely on this board for technical information as much as anyone else, but the lack of quick response because this board isn't very big yet gets frustrating.

There are a few awesome members on here though. Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far with my questions!
                London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

As far as the LCD gauge, try salvage yards...
                  http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?p=85856

And Craig, 150 is too high for that motor on a calibrated gauge.. Stock 951's are around 130. SBT's motor compression might be different since they bore out further and play with the squish band to make everything just right.
                  Dan Solie -
                  04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)
                  95 xp (faster than the 94)
                  JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
                    You have a fuel filter at the bottom of the fuel sending unit inside the tank! This is the one you should change. You should NOT have an inline filter and if you do then remove it. You ONLY need to have the in tank filter. Tom SBT tech.
                    275500501 This is the partnumber for the inline fuel filter on a 2000 GTX di, so there is a filter on the sending unit and an inline filter, I would not advise people to remove it, it should be there.

Giving out wrong infomation can cause extensive engine damage to our friends machines. Thank you. Tom & Bill from The SBT tech department

This is not an attack, we all love PWC and we are all human and answer to our best knowledge.

Comment

Ski your right, I had been thinking about some who might have added an inline plastic filter and not the steel one right off the tank. The filter every one over looks is the one that is located on the very bottom of the fuel pick up. ( the one that looks like a bag ).

Comment

compression is 120 both cylindersfuel presure is 22, or 101 running Rave valves are good, fuel and air injectors are good , i took it into the dealership and they cant even tell me wats wrong with it, they put the code reader on it and checked out my electrical system whatever they do there..... im out of ideas i think im gona dig a big hole and make it disapear

Comment

120 PSI is critical low and you probably have your problem right there

Comment

120 is low??? thats only 10 below stock i figured thats just worn rings its 8 years old

Comment

Could just be your gauge.. They are even.. that's the most important thing.
                              Dan Solie -
                              04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                              94 xp (freestyle mods)
                              95 xp (faster than the 94)
                              JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
                              X