No announcement yet.

Oil Crank Cooling Lines (block off kit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Crank Cooling Lines (block off kit)

Hello, I am trying to find the thread that explained how to run the oil cooling lines for the crank. Yes, I pulled a NOOB move and ripped the oil tank out of the boat, and then all of the oil lines......but then I noticed where I pulled some of the lines OFF of, and realized WTF I just did. (Yes I already banged my head off of the swim deck after I realized what I did).

I just need someone to explain how the lines go:
    From the bottom of the oil tank, to which port on the block, higher or lower (intake or exhaust). I remember reading that they go in series from one engine to the other, and then back to the oil tank, and that they are graveity fed.

Thanks in advance.

The Noob
    1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
    London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Oil Crank Cooling Lines (block off kit)

Noob (lol),

Just hook the lines together and top it off with oil. ditch the tank completely! Just look at the lines every now and then and see if you need to add any oil (rarely do, but there is the rare occasion).

with the oil tank out, just jump (short) the sending unit wires so you can eliminate the "low oil" light.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

So just like a closed loop for each engine, or should they go between each engine? The line should be full of oil? Let me take a pic and see if I have this correct.....
      London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Use a separate loop for each engine...The last thing you would want to do is destroy 2 engines with only one problem!
        John Kubiak
        Powersports Technical Training Professional
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736
        PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
        PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
        NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
        Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by John Kubiak View Post
            Use a separate loop for each engine...The last thing you would want to do is destroy 2 engines with only one problem!
            That is a good point.

Is there enough loop there for cooling? Should I expect to see flow through the line????

Do you like the Beer posing in the pictures??
            London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Close.. You want to have a "connection" in the middle there somewhere (so you can add oil in there at some point and time). as of right now, if you pop a line off.. Oil goes everywhere lol.

And John is right.. Separate the two motors oil baths.

Thanks for supporting US beer.. I have Kokanee in my fridge lol
              Dan Solie -
              94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
                Close.. You want to have a "connection" in the middle there somewhere (so you can add oil in there at some point and time). as of right now, if you pop a line off.. Oil goes everywhere lol.
                How high should the level be? Just to the upper connection, right? I don't want the oil level inside the engine higher than the upper connection, right?
                London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

On mine, I splice them together with a "T" and have a piece of hose running up and zip-tied to the spark plug grounding posts (mag cover). I usually fill up the hose so it's halfway up the "T" line that is tied up high. I then zip tie a bolt into the line as a cap. This way, I can add oil as needed just by removing the bolt and pouring some in.

So, in answer to your question.. both the feeder lines (ones that connect to the block) are FULL (no air bubbles). Then, it's half-way up the "T" line as well.

It does not really circulate inside the lines (it does a little, but not with an pressure), it's just a bath, but you want to make sure that the bath is full.
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

That is awesome man, thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I am going to set that up tonight....as soon as I get home from work.

Cheers.
                    London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X