97 Seadoo Cuts Back At 35 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Seadoo Cuts Back At 35 MPH

I have a 97 SP Seadoo. It actually starts and runs great up to around 35 mph. Try to go any faster it cuts back. To explain it the best that I can, it acts like you are pumping the throttle back and forth when trying to go past 35 MPH. Kinda like the rev limiter is kicking in. Now the rev limiter actually has a faster cuts out beat, this is a slower version of that. I have redone the carb, it is fine. Done the ring, no problem with cavitation. That all looks great. There is no blockage of any kind. This jet ski is in new shape for its year. Any suggestions anyone? Really need to get this going. Thanks

Re: 97 Seadoo Cuts Back At 35 MPH

Tried NEW NGK BR8ES spark plugs gapped to 0.024".....And have you removed the spark plug boots and trimmed the wires back about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and screwed the boots back on tightly? Sometimes it's the small things that solve the big problems.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Yes, I already trimed back the wires, changed plugs. CDI box is dry no water issues. Again, it just doesn't want to go faster than 35 MPH like something is blocking the fuel or something like that. It runs like a dream if you back off the throttle, I mean smooth. Don't know if there is a issue in the cdi box. Someone has had to have had this issue with theirs. Like I said it acts like the rev limiter is kicking in early, does that wa....wa......wa.....wa.....wa... sound when you try to go faster. , best I can explain it on here. any further suggestions?

Comment

Possibly your rectifier. Open up the elec box and unplug the 3 yellow wires that go into a 1"sq. box. See if that makes a difference.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I will try that.
          Last edited by fasteride; 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X