Midrange Problem on 96 GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midrange Problem on 96 GTX

Ok I have just finished a top end rebuild kit, rave valve rebuild, and carb rebuild. Also I drained my gas tank of all the old gas while everything was apart. I have a midrange sputter between 3500 and 4500rpms. Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

Re: Midrange Problem on 96 GTX

I would check the jets in the carb, make sure that there is no dirt or somthing slowing down the flow of fuel. Also make sure you have good spark plugs. let me know gook luck

Comment

had the jets out on the one carb and they were good. couldnt get them out on the other though cause the 2 screws inside were seized. spark plugs do not make a difference either cause the premix eventually gets to them anyway. (running premix for the first tankful)

Comment

You need to get that second carb apart.. You will need to drill off the heads of the screws and then pull them out with vice grips once you get the kidney shaped jet cover off.

You could very well have a partial clog in there.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X