Help! Water in Hull. 95 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Water in Hull. 95 XP

Need some help here guy's. I have a 95 XP. Last season the hull was dryer than a cork all season. This year I started getting water in the hull after riding. About a gallons worth in a two hour ride. I checked all the hoses for cracks, didn't see anthing anywhere. I then took the ski to the launch and left it on the trailer, started it up and observed no leaks from any of the hoses????? I did give it gas a few times to see if High Pressure water running through the lines would make a difference and still no leaks??? The wierd part about it is after I ride, I pull my seat off and everything is wet, Battery, MPEM box, top of the motor, like someone took a bucket and just dumped water over the top of everthing. Could it be the seat not sealing off the hull? Any help would be great, this is really frusterating.

Re: Help! Water in Hull. 95 XP

An update, the first time I noticed this was the first ride of the season. The engine compartment smelled like exhaust real bad when I pulled the seat off and saw the water? All the hoses are connected and at an idle no water is spraying in? Bill, any advice?

Comment

Take it for a ride with the seat off..

Also, pull the PTO cover (grey cover, rear of motor) off, and observe that area while riding around.

Are both of your bailer tubes tied up high in the hull?

You have a leak somewhere...
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yeah, the bailer tubes are tied high. I also checked the bailer tubes for blockage and they were clear. I found two bolts in the hull. It looks like they are ones from the tuned pipe that attach it to the block. This is a completely rebuilt motor from a local dealer last season. Man, I hope the manifold isn't cracked!

Comment

The ski runs great though, starts immediately and idles fine, Excellent on the water. You'd never know there was a leak until you lifted the seat cover.

Comment

I doubt your exhaust manifold is cracked. It's just the two lower bolts that also use the rubber bushings. Put them back in with some good-ole loctite!
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Hi i am currently repairing a 94 XP annd had a leak come from the exhast oulet where it connects to the hull.

Only had to replace the RTV silicone and re-glass the holes in the hull , had vibrated loose. Holes in hull where a bit to big to my liking.

Hope this can point you in the right direction.

Regards Frank
              Anything that has pistons or rotors i can fix ... learning turbines is my next step.

Automobile Mechanic, Diesel mechanic & Small Engine repair. EX Formula 1600 mechanic.
              Been in the racing scene since 1989.

Specialty restorations of obsolete equipment.

Ever seen a chainsaw with a rotary engine !!?? ;-)

Comment

johnstonjr1, I have the same problem with my GTX. 2 of the exhaust manifold bolts break off. I'm installing a new impellor this weekend. I've been troubleshooting for a couple of years to determine what is causing the vibration to break the bolts. Check the motor mounts, shaft bearings and your impeller blades.
                ..... because I can !

Comment

If those bolts continue to break, it's usually the rubber bushings that are bad, and a bent driveshaft.
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                  X