InfoCentre displaying "Maintenance & 12V Low" Loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InfoCentre displaying "Maintenance & 12V Low" Loss of power

I have a Sea-Doo RXDI 2002 130Hp. It runs great, the trouble is intermittently when driving the Info Centre/Display will flash Maintenance and then an loud squeal/alarm will sound for approx 5 seconds then go off, this will continue every minute or so, then the display will show 12V Low. To top it off when this happens I lose all power, top speed is 23MPH; it is like I am riding with the beginner key. I am not though. I have a new battery in her, and new Plugs and yes the correct ones. The problem still remains, I have also drained my oil, and replaced with new oil (Synthetic Always) it is oil injected, please help. Intermittent meaning once in a while it runs fine for hour’s top speed 54MPH then it just starts acting up again.

Re: InfoCentre displaying "Maintenance & 12V Low" Loss of power

The situation you describe is indicating that your Seadoo is going into "limp mode".. you can search other threads here and find several causes for the limp mode.

My first guess would be your battery.. probably the ground is loose or corroded.. and depending on how bumpy the ride.. it is shorting your ground cable.

Comment

Rectifier can also be failing. With the DI's your only real option is to take it to a dealer and have them hook it up to BUDS and run a diagnostic on it... Otherwise, your just shooting in the dark and spending $$ on parts.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

If at all possible when this takes place, put a multi meter on the battery and see if the battery is charging, if not your reg/ rectifier is failing. Also check the connector for the reg/rectifier for corrosion.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X