Exhaust hose burn out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust hose burn out

I bought a used 97 challanger, used it for the 1st month no issues, then on a long cruise burnt the first exhaust house, replaced and burnt again, further inspection found the exhaust manifold gaskets leaking, replaced, ran much better and seemed to be working, after 5 hours burnt another, saw this sight an read about the preasure regulater. I took it apart and the metal clip in side was rusted and broke, no holes in the rubber peices, if I replace the clip so it hold the pressure, should I be ok, what elso could cause these blow outs. how does the PR work/

Thanks

Re: Exhaust hose burn out

The water regulator does exactly how it sounds. It injects water into the waterbox at certain pressures to allow the ski's exhaust system to rev and accelerate properly. Adding water changes the exhaust volume area, which is basically a tuned pipe.

If the exhaust hose that is melting is the one from the waterbox to the hull outlet, then yes, replacing the clip will help a lot.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X