Poor mid range on '99 LRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor mid range on '99 LRV

Installed a SBT shortblock in a '99 LRV and am now having trouble getting it to run correctly. While I had the engine out I rebuilt the carbs and replaced fuel lines. I test rode machine and it idled fine and it runs good at WOT, but cruising at speeds between 25 and 45 mph is impossible. I have checked timing and gone through the fuel system again and all looks correct. I'm thinking I may need to go to a larger pilot jet. It has #75 in it. Has anyone seen this before? Can you suggest a jet size or maybe something else to check?

Thanks, Shawn

Re: Poor mid range on '99 LRV

What does it do in the mid-range?? How is it acting? How is the initial HIT when you pin the throttle from idle?

What are the screws set to on the carbs? What's the idle set to? Did you check the pop-off when you rebuilt the carbs?

Installing a larger jet is not a fix. They are jetted spot on from the factory.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Acceleration from idle at WOT: Sometimes it bogs. If rpm does go past about 3500 it takes off like a rocket. I did check pop-off. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was close to 30psi on both carbs.

Since posting last time I removed the pipe and found the gasket between the pipe and manifold was leaking. Its possible this was causing poor performance.

Comment

very possible
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X