how do i take copler off a pto on a 1997 xp 800 seadoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i take copler off a pto on a 1997 xp 800 seadoo

do i have to remove the whole pto or can i take that coupler off without removing the pto from the engine?you know that rubber thing on the pto that couples with that long drive shaft that only comes on the xp's with that long drive shaft.. the engine has that rubber red and gray coupler that goes to the same coupler on the drive shaft ...i want to put this peace on another engine do i have to pull off the whole pto to remove this shaft coupler?and is there any other way to take the pto off without a chain wrench???

Re: how do i take copler off a pto on a 1997 xp 800 seadoo

I know on the 98 xp's it separates with 4 allen bolts. I am not sure on a 97, you may have to remove the whole thing with a wheel puller...

Comment

4 bolts.. Done. Thats to remove the coupler. A puller would be needed to remove the actual flywheel.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

the back of the engine the PTO where the driveshaft goes in to the 97xp has a rubber coupler on it to meat up with the long drive shaft with the other coupler on it?
        how do i remove the coupler of the pto or do i haveto remove the whole pto???

Comment

The rubber part just pops off.. Then, it exposes the face of the metal coupler that is attached to the PTO flywheel.

It sounds like the motor is still in the ski??? If so, you need to remove the pump and driveshaft, then unbolt the top cover of the bearing/shock assembly and pull out the coupler that attaches to the driveshaft. This will allow you to slide the midshaft (one that goes through the tank) rearward. This will then pop the midshaft off the PTO coupler and allow you to remove the rubber piece and get to those 4 bolts (if you plan on removing the metal PTO coupler).
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X