96 xp not turning over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 xp not turning over

My 96 xp has been sitting for a couple of months. I went to go start it and it wouldnt crank,sounded like dead battery. I get battery checked and its like new. It does give me a few revolutions before it stops turning. I decided to pull plugs and try starting it and it turned over like new(obviosly didnt start with plugs out). Put plugs back in same problem. Seems like their is some kinda pressure build up stopping motor from turning. Advice?

Re: 96 xp not turning over

sounds like you've got a weak starter... SBT sells them at a fair price. Check red cable going to starter and make sure its good and clean. When the starter is under a load it will not crank good at all if the brushes are stuck or worn out.

Comment

Thats what I thought just was wondering if there was something else I could check before I rip the starter out...thanks

Comment

I agree, Main stater cable.. If that's okay, then it's starter time!
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Before i pull the starter i would pull one plug start it , clear it out and try with both plugs
          94 gtx, 96XP, 97XP,04 GTC SC,05 RXT & RXP

Comment

Working...
          X