X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 GTX limited questions

Hey folks,
    I'm a newbe so please be gentle!
    I recently bought 2 99 GTX Limiteds and have run them all summer. They have been great fun and ran well all summer. Now I'm trying to keep them in great shape for next summer. The #1 ski has 150 hours on it and the #2 ski has 130 hours.
    I noticed a slight cavitation problem with the #1 ski and wanted to check the impeller condition/wear ring clearance. Went to remove the grate cover and snapped the 2 forward bolts off. What Now??? How the heck do I get them out???
    Also, I am storing them for the winter (if there is such a thing in Tucson, Az!) and besides StaBil in the fuel, what other real recommendations do ya'll have? Oil changes, etc? Filters? I have the shop manual but what do the real experts say? And (here's your chance, guys) is there any bottom end oil that needs to get changed? I can't find a reference to it in the manual.
    Thanks. The forums are great and you all are very knowledgable!

Re: 99 GTX limited questions

You will need to get a bolt extractor set to get the intake bolts out... have fun with that!!

Besides Stabil, make sure to top off the gas and oil tanks, and invest in a battery tender (remove batteries from ski's while charging). You WILL need to still fog the motor with a quality fogging solution.

If one ski has a cavitation problem, you will probably need to pull the pump and replace the wear ring and/or impeller. While your doing that, change the pump oil..You should do the pump oil on both by the way.

Are the skis being stored indoors or outside for those harsh AZ winters lol.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

The two bolts come through the hull into the inside and have nuts on the bolts. That is why they snapped off when you tried to remove them from below.
      Remove the grey driveshaft cover and you will see two blobs of silicone under the rear of the motor. Remove the silicone, then remove the two nuts. Using two nuts on one bolt sticking up through there, you can jamb the two nuts tightly together and use them to back out the bolts up through and into the inside of the hull to remove them.

You will not remove them from the bottom with an easyout as long as they sill have nuts on them.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Also:
        Need to hit the grease fitting on the PTO with a little synthetic grease.
        There is an oil reservoir for the counter balance.
        Heck if I know how to change it!...........

Little info on it:
        http://www.seadoosource.com/reservoircheck.html
        1999 SEADOO GTX Limited
        1997 SEADOO SPX
        1996 SEADOO SPX

Comment

You don't change that oil..
          Dan Solie -
          94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks, guys. I thought there might be nuts on the inside of the hull....
            These forums are great! And Bill and Dan are awesome for taking time to answer these questions!
            One more question, though. When I got the skis the guy I bought them from told me of a water leak and gave me the exhaust gasket kit with the rubber boot. He said it was leaking there. I installed the gasket kit, after questioning the family heritage of the guy that put that 4th bolt under the pipe that you have to use the special wrench for. Anyway, it turned out not to be the problem. It was a missing bailer tube in the pump (which I also learned here!). My question is this, should I install the exhaust gasket kit on the other ski, which does not have the boot? Is it really worth it if it isn't leaking at this time? Is this an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.." type of thing or is this a real issue that I should deal with over the winter?
            Thanks again, guys!

Comment

That is a very common leak.
              I would at least put the boot on the other ski for now if you don't want to mess with the gasket.
              1999 SEADOO GTX Limited
              1997 SEADOO SPX
              1996 SEADOO SPX

Comment

I agree... The boot is easy to install, and a better safe than sorry...

The problem with the comment; "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.." does not apply to jetskis..

Preventative maintenance and due diligence fixes the hole in your wallet that get's larger with a jetski ownership.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                X