smoke from rave valve top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke from rave valve top

i did the break in procedure yesterday on my new sbt engine and my ski ran like a champ. thanks sbt.... i have a 96 seadoo gtx with 787 engine. while i was running the ski on the trailer to clean out the salt water, i popped the seats off to check the engine compartment. there is smoke coming from under the plastice cap/top of the rave valve..... why would smoke be comming from there? its from the rear one....

Re: smoke from rave valve top

Your rave bellow spring has slipped off, or you melted the bellow..

Disassemble and go from there.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I would first contact SBT before you touch anything, the raves are part of your short block and they warranty them, call customer service and they will tell you what to do, there should be no smoke coming out of a rave valve.
      Never touch any parts under warranty this might void warranties or creates discussions like you took it apart and now it is broken etec etc.

Comment

ok. thank you i will do that monday morning

Comment

thanks ski.. I forgot that the rave's were part of the SB!! good catch, and thanks again.
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X