Inner Crank Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Crank Seals

One of my inner crank seals failed on my 657x, does the crant separate at the rotary valve gear?

Re: Inner Crank Seals

Nope.. You can do 1 of 2 things..

1) if the leak is not bad;re-install the crank using 3-bond 1211 around the edges, and pray it holds.. it will eventually re-fail.

2) replace the crank

The inner crank seals on those are not serviceable... bummer huh?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yea that sucks. What a stupid design. Is there anyway i could send my crank out to be rebuilt? The thing about it is the rest of my seals and bearings look brand new, the only seal that needs replaced is the pto side inner seal.

Comment

Yup... That's about typical! having your crank rebuilt is going to cost just as much, if not more than just buying another crank. You have 3 options.

1) SBT - Sponsor of this site... This is what they do!! www.sbtontheweb.com You will have to send them your core AFTER they send you your new crank.

2) Go to a dealer and buy an OEM (if they are still available) Dealer keeps your core, and send it back to SD.

3) Find a Western Powersports Dealer and buy a hotrods crank.. No core, no exchange.

Option 1 is the cheapest, #2 is the most expensive...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Hey Thanks alot for all of your help. I was wondering if you or anyone else could give me the torque specs for 13mm hex head, 11mm hex head, and allen head crank case bolts? Again thanks alot for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
          X