Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance after I unfroze Motor?

fixed
    Last edited by AWDTSi; 05-29-2009, 09:40 AM.

Re: Maintenance after I unfroze Motor?

Fresh fuel first.. Putting bad gas through a carb can gum it up and you will be spending extra $$ on parts.. Do a compression test before anything, after you put the head back on..

The shop is probably correct too.... It will need a new motor, sooner rather tan later. the pistons were stuck to the cyl because of rust. luckily, rings are a little more resistant than the other things in your motor, like the bearings in the crank... Those bearings got the same moisture treatment as the rings, and they are probably pretty pitted.

It's fully your choice..

Fire it up and run it, it may run fine for 5 minutes or 5months, but when it goes, it will probably throw a rod through the cases and make it a REAL expensive choice.

If it were mine, I would be pulling the exhaust and intake all off and getting a real close look at that crank..
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Well I have access to a new motor from a family member who bought one 2 years ago but never installed it due to other missing parts on motor, I only paid 900 for the thing, so I will do a compression test and go from there. Our plan is just to have some fun with it during the summer and sell at the end of summer. I know I can get the same price for it at the end of summer.

I just didn’t know if there was any special kind of stuff I should put on pistons or in cylinders to help with any future lube.

I assume I should be able to get the compression numbers from seadoos website? Since it is an SBT motor are the numbers going to be different? I didnt know if they change the motors at all. I leave one plug in or not? It's been years since I have done one.

Thanks for the information

Comment

130-150 should be were it's at.. As long as they are equal, or at least within 0% of eachother..

Pull one plug, open throttle all the way and crank...
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

so to confirm, I leave one plug in? I saw somewhere online that said to remove both?

Comment

It's personal preference...
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I assume it won't affect the numbers much then?

Comment

Nope.. With one plug out, the motor will have less resistance, allowing it to spin faster..
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                X