Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECU 185hp vs 215hp

SD lists (what you need)as:

The part # you have there seems to be ***664961 which doesn't come up on there at all... The ***should be 420

I have an 04 ECU and it's part # 4206649942.. On my ECU is states (at the barcode) 664 942 The rest of my stuff is similar to yours (MSE is the same, KHS is the same, FD is different as is the 412.xx stuff).

Maybe you need to take it into a dealer and have them hook it up to BUDS? It's possible you got a unit out of a rental where they have the rental key limited to a certain RPM??

Does all of your other items function properly? Air temp, Hours, trip etc?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yes, all worked OK, just 7500rpm max, and the engine did'nt seem to be as smooth in mid mph.

Comment

I took note on what the RPM's where with the 03 ecu, that was yesterday and now writing I forgot, I believe it was 7600 or 7700, I am for sure that it was more than the 05 ecu installed. What is the deal????

Comment

Take that ECU and ski to a dealer and have them hook it up to BUDS!!
          Dan Solie -
          94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

what does "buds" stand for?

Comment

Nazrin, What rpms did the engine turn with the 185 ecu? If you hit 67-68 then its not going to get any better then that, thats real good if your turning around 8k rpm.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

my 185hp ecu was 7600 I believe, and this 215hp ecu was 7500 for sure, If I'm doing 68 with 7600 rpm's and this new ecu does 8K plus then there should be room for improvement. What could be the deal with this ECU that I have posted all number on? Why so limited?

Could they limit an ecu as dsolie posted?

Comment

actually, I see the 185 is limited to 7650, so I must of seen 7600 on my digital, if that is the case, then the 215 limited to 8200 so I should see 8100-8150, and doing 68 at 7600 I should hit 70+ at 8100-8150.

On average it gained 2-3 mph with 100 rpm's, sounds hard to believe, but that's the story.

BTW, I'm no fat *** on this ski, I'm only 160 lbs stripped down to my thong bikini, which helps!
                  Last edited by nazrin; 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

You mention your thong bikini again and I'll stop helping you lol...

Ever thought of the fact it could be your prop that's not allowing you to spin into the higher RPM ranges?
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I had scratched my head on that, I do know my GTX has a replaced cast alum. pump, I don't know if the prop pitch is different then the 2003 GTX or not, but why would this more powerful motor be lower rpm with the 05 ecu and higher rpm with the 03 ecu?

If the prop is limiting the rpm's then the 05 ecu should match the 03 ecu, we do know it will rev higher with the 03 ecu.

If I slip on the shorts I don't get that extra aerodynamic efficiency, and just can't pinch off that 69mph, besides the chicks dig it. No ***** ****** mentioned

Comment

Not sure why the 215 ecu is not letting the rpms hit 8k, only thing that I can think of is the CLOSED THROTTLE and IDLE ACTUATOR may need to be re-programed to match the new set up. You will need the B.U.D.s set up to do this.
                        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

tech sup, Are the numbers I posted OK for the 215 05 ecu? dsolie mentioned the 3 digits missing what is that all about?

Also, do you think the rpm's are limited for a rental unit, is it possible to limit the rpm's like that?

Do you think connecting it to BUDS and take a look at the program options may revel a limit or lock on something?

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
                            Not sure why the 215 ecu is not letting the rpms hit 8k, only thing that I can think of is the CLOSED THROTTLE and IDLE ACTUATOR may need to be re-programed to match the new set up. You will need the B.U.D.s set up to do this.
                            You know, thinking of what you posted, this is supposed to be a 05 ecu with a 05 SC motor, what is considered a "new set up"

Comment

Tech Sup. I've been thinking more and I had mentioned that the motor did not sound as smooth in mid mph with the 05 ecu vs the 03 ecu, now as I think back I did notice a lesser smooth top end running motor with the 05 ecu vs the 03 ecu, but because of the increased vibration from motor and hull, it's less noticeable.

Does that clue you in on your throttle theory? A smoother engine thru the rpm's sounds logical to produce more HP vs this lesser smooth engine with the 05 ecu is producing less HP which is the prop limiting the rpm's out as dsolie was mentioning.

In a nut shell it may not be the ecu limiting out the rpm's it may be the lesser HP this 05 ecu is producing thus lesser rpm's by way of the prop limiting it out.

But still the question WHY?

Comment

one can almost say, this 05 ecu is not managing the engine correctly, thus lacking POWER.

Comment

Working...
                                X