ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Dont know about the boggyness, but dont think octane booster is going to help like you may think. I would use the lower octane in your car and put fresh high octane in the Sea-doo.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

About the boggy cold engine, could it be the Fuel pressure reg, I was told my 185 has 43 lbs and the 215 needs 56 lbs. I would think it needs it anyway, what are your thoughts Tech Sup?

Comment

Yes it could have something to do with it. The n/a and Non intercooled use the 44 psi reg and the 215 uses the 58 psi reg. Both the 185 and the 215 use the same part number for the fuel injector.

Comment

I have the 58psi reg. on its way, and I have yet to test run for the top end results. Will post once I find smooth water and time to hop on.

Comment

Sounds Good.

Comment

The results are IN:

OK, got some smooth water and 1 mph wind or less,

I've still have the boggy cold start, but hopfully that will be fix with the 58psi reg,

I am still running the 89 fuel, have not gotten around to pump, but got some good results

Now, with the knock pig tail installed and the 05 ecu, I was able to hold a solid 69mph and before with the 03 ecu it only flickered a few times to 69 down wind, so improvement there.

The rpm's went up to 7650 max, still under reving but it is an improvement over the 7500 max.

So I still have this 58psi FPR coming and with the better gas, will this 8000rpm plus show up?????????????

Comment

Dump the low octane fuel before you damage the engine. And dont run it WOT with the low octane fuel.

Comment

I agree, I have not found the time to pump, I will be needing gas for my rider mover this weekend so that will get me to pump, but anyhow I installed the 58psi reg and not totally sure but it seem to be smooth at start up with limited throttle input, but because bubbles were migrating thru the lines not totally sure but was encouraging. I will have to find the time to test run with smooth water.

One other point, when I removed the old reg I was able to tip out rusty looking gas from it, what is that???? Is there a fuel filter somewhere? Would one think it would need to be replaced with this condition if one exist?

what is "WOT" WAY OUT THROTTLE?

Comment

WOT wide open throttle, Naz, there is a filter (looks like a bag) mounted to the bottom of the sending unit in the tank, it may need changing. part number is 219-700-368.

Comment

where does this rusty looking gas come from, where is the iron in the system? Or is it something else?

Comment

I have some results from the 58psi fuel reg in and the 44psi out.

The boggy cold engine is still present but seems to be less and or less time before it stops

I had no wind and smooth water.

did a max rpm of 7750 rpm vs with the 44 psi 7650

my max speed of 70 mph was seen vs 69 with the 44 psi

I will be pumping the fuel out today and putting in the 91 octane and will post result of that today or tomorrow.

If this last change does not increase my rpm's is it fair to say this 70mph is very good for this 05 RXT and because of this mph can one conclude that the prop has been changed to a higher pitch which is the reason for the lower RPM's?

I was told by someone else that a 03 GTX will not go faster than 61-62 but I was always able to max out between 64-65 or so. Would that further point to a changed prop pitch?

Comment

Another item I was thinking about; as we all know the 03 GTX has two water boxes in series and the 05 RXT has only one, would this increased restriction be a influence to lesser HP, which is limiting the RPM's? I think I will take a look at it this weekend and remove it.

Also I could not get a tube down the filler fuel neck, the neck is too rubbery with bends, tried for about ten mins. I only have about 4 gals in the tank so I added octane booster to it and poured in 5 gals of fresh 93 octane. If the water is calm today I will take it out to see any improvements and post results.

Comment

I have some results today,

I put in as stated last post 93 octane fuel, I did circles for 5 mins to make sure I had the fuel in the engine.

I had about 2 mph wind and up wind I was still able to hit 70 and my rpm's hit 7790 and did flicker to 7800, so a little improvement, but still under by 250-300

anybody have any ideas on my last two questions:

*two water boxes in series?
                            *non oem prop pitch on this craft?

Comment

Extra waterboxes can SURELY cause additional load on the motor..
                              Dan Solie -
                              04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                              94 xp (freestyle mods)
                              95 xp (faster than the 94)
                              JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

So you would advise to yank the last water box?

what exactly is a waterbox? A water jacketed exhaust muffler? Does it even have water in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X