Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 xp 650x, rev's fine but no thrust

Hi All,
    I've got a '94 xp that I installed a SBT motor in and it runs great, starts right up and rev's great. The problem is when I take off at an idle the ski starts off normal but when I accelerate I lose thrust. I pulled the ski out of the water and checked for weeds underneath and pulled out the drive shaft and re-installed it to make sure it was in correctly. I never got to run the ski before as when I bought it the motor wasn't runable, but the guy I bought it from purchased it new and hadn't had any problems like that. Am I pulling in air from the top to cause cavitation? Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

HJ

Re: '94 xp 650x, rev's fine but no thrust

Grease the carrier bearing where the driveshaft exits the hull.. Sounds like you are sucking air in from there.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I went today and packed that carrier bearing and I think I'm onto something, it helped but it still isn't right......I'm still not able to get it to plane out. It's got to be something in that area.....any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

HJ

Comment

How does your impeller and wear ring look?
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Dsolie,
          Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I did some backtracking, I pulled the drive shaft out and checked the motor alignment, and it was off! Not sure what happened or why it was off but after re-shimming and aligning the motor the ski took off with no cavitation. Goes to show how important accurate alignment is.....

Thanks alot for your help.

HJ

Comment

Sweet.. Glad to hear it all worked out!
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
            X