Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 GTX SC Antifreeze Loss

2003 GTX SC 4-Tech.

I noticed my coolant reservoir was quite low. After checking all connections around the water pump for leaks, I finally noticed a return hose at the very back of the hull that looks like it may be leaking around the spring style factory clamp. I’m afraid to remove the hose and replace the clamp because I’ll fill the hull with antifreeze. What is the best way to drain the antifreeze from the cooling system so I can remove and replace the clamp? Is this a common place for leaks to develop? It’s hard to tell for sure if this connection is the culprit.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ACP; 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM.

Re: 2003 GTX SC Antifreeze Loss

Yes the ride plate/ heatexchanger clamps rust and break. There is a allen head screw in the end of the ride plate that is the drain plug for the cooling system.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Is the antifreeze anything special like extended life, or will regular automotive antifreeze be OK? Are there any special precautions or procedures on refilling? Would a worm gear clamp be a better choice?

Comment

i would assume that it is marine grade.

Comment

Regular 50/50 mix is fine and can be purchased at auto zone, after you add it purge the system of air through the allen head screw till all the air pockets are gone. Yes on the gear clamps, use all stainless built clamps, not automotive that are made of 1/2 steel and 1/2 stainless steel.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X