Seadoo 99 GTX LIMITED water in exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo 99 GTX LIMITED water in exhaust

Ok, So I recently had my carbs redone and took it out the day it was finished and it ran great.

Took it out of the water, started it up to clear the rest of the water out and without pressing the throttle, the jetski just took off in RPM and had to pump the throttle and hit the kill switch to shut it off....

Now two weeks later i went to take it out and it sounded great out of the water and when in the water it would not go past 4200rpm (25mph). Took it back to the guy that did the carbs for me and he said that i have water in my exhaust that has gotten in the carbs as well...

My question is, why would this come about now and could it have been something this guy forgot tighten or could it be just a leak somewhere that would allow for this to happen?? Im kinda stuck and would really love for this just to work! lol. Any ideas? O and before i forget.... how much usually are stage one kits for this ski and whats the used price on them? Would i see a tremendous gain from this?? And will it comprimise the ski in anyway?

Two other thing... My speedometer gauge works just fine... but over the last couple of trips out iv noticed that it gets fogged up and there a little bit of water in it... Is there a way i could reseal the gauge? Its kind of driving me nuts... And my beeper stopped working... is there a way to test or repair the little speaker or do i have to toss 70bucks into an assembly to get this to work?

Thanks..
    Last edited by Florida Boy; 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM. Reason: adding another question

Re: Seadoo 99 GTX LIMITED water in exhaust

First off... Your exhaust is SUPPOSED to have water in it... that's what keeps the pipe cool. The carbs are not.. But did he mention HOW the water got in the carbs?

It's possibly something he forgot to tighten, or you have a bigger issue. Perform a compression test and let us know what the #'s are.

as far as the gauge, it happens. You can try re-sealing it, but few have had that work. Same with the beeper.. they go out, it happens...
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Radio shack carries a beeper that is not water proof, but works fine for about $8. You will have to reterminate the ends, but I have had two working for over two years now.

Gauge, take apart and try to reseal. Recommend blow drying and let set in AC over night to confirm dry. May have to split metal ring to get gauge to mate up good and allow adequate sealant prior to reclose. I have had good luck with clear silicone. Take your time, you only want to do it once.

Comment

I will go to radio shack tonight to see if they have it... and the compression test showed 127 on one and 125 on the other... He looked everything over and blew out the carbs resealed them and tested it for 2 hours... nothing. Guess he might have missed something the first time he got this time. Rides just fine now... but it did the last time as well then never wanted to start. He did find a the valve a little gummy in the carbs... and that was only after one full day of riding. The lines that go towards the carbs are not the grey ones, they have been replaced in jan of 09. Why else would cause it to gum up? He did mention to put full aditive in the tank with a full tank of gas to help with the ethonol increase.... Could the ethonol play a roll in the gumming up? Or maybe switching oil that prevents/eliminates gumming be the problem? I will be hitting it hard this friday and see how it goes... Hope this doesnt happen again.. :-/

Comment

ethanol and jetskis are BAD news together. Ethanol attracts water and can deteriorate hoses and such...

drain the fuel, put in fresh mid grade unleaded (E-10 or lower)
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X