No announcement yet.

2000 GTX w/ 951 carb.... Major issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GTX w/ 951 carb.... Major issues!

ok guys, a new ski....to me. I know it seems like I do the work for family, but it's true. Another cousin called today and has a 2000 GTX with the 951 (mine is the 787). He said when they went to launch the ski, it had a dead battery,so he put a slow charge overnight, and it ran fine. After about an hour of riding, it died. It was running at idle and began to choke itself out. pulled DESS and nothing happened. Hit stop button, nothing again. Pulled throttle, and nothing. He says the starter was continuously engaged and kept turning motor over. Finally, it drained the battery and stopped turning itself over.

They put a charger back on it and it will do the same thing. When DESS attatched, no beeps, no display, no guages, no nothing. No response to start/stop button.

My guess would be a fuse for the gauges, and the relay for the starter?
    I have not got the ski yet but they are on vacation and trying to get it running.
    I told him to check fuses and then replace battery and see if anything changes. I will post updates tomorrow as I find out the status.

Any help on this one is appreciated!

THANKS!
    Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255
    2003 GTX DI & 2003 GTI LE
    2000 GTX RFI Millenium Ed.

1990 Mastercraft 191 - Ford 351 Windsor GT40
    Team Mastercraft
    USA Waterski - 2003 KD CR7

Re: 2000 GTX w/ 951 carb.... Major issues!

I would be looking at the starter solenoid..
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 2000 GTX w/ 951 carb.... Major issues!

dan, I also read maybe a ground issue? could this be any possibility on this? and as for the gauges and beep? fuse issue?
      Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255
      2003 GTX DI & 2003 GTI LE
      2000 GTX RFI Millenium Ed.

1990 Mastercraft 191 - Ford 351 Windsor GT40
      Team Mastercraft
      USA Waterski - 2003 KD CR7

Comment

Working...
      X