1996 xp, no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 xp, no spark

my nephew went to charge the system and hooked the cables up backwards. when i returned the rear electrical box was smoking. replaced battery and ignition coil. none of the fuses were burnt. it seems i have no spark! what are the chances i need a new mpem or cdi module:(, if it is those how much are they worth and were is the best place to get them?

Re: 1996 xp, no spark

Posted this in your other post too..

yup... most likely your MPEM is toast. Possibly some wires too. Prices vary. Probably be around 250 for a used MPEM with key (remember, you will need the used MPEM to have the programmed key with it, or you will have to go to the dealer to have the MPEM programmed to your existing key before anything will work.)

If you say screw it and don't want to fix it, I got a buddy in Red Deer who likes to tinker with broken ski's..
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

ok what is his number? cause this is getting expensive. mpem is 500 new with 120hr shop cost. but isnt the cdi module control the ignition coil when to fire?

Comment

i checked the white wire coming off the cdi modual with 6 volts when cranking. But that whit wire at the ignition coil is .06 volts. Can the dealers use a diagnostic computer and find out what is wrong with it right away. Cause they cost $120 hr. I am selling the machine for $2500 working but if a new MPEM $500, cdi$ 900 and 120 hr labour. I would rather get rid of it for $1500 as is with new ignition coil and battery!!!:(

Comment

send me an email and I will get you two in touch.
          dans@designbyothers.com
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X