96 Seadoo xp 787 engine boggs down in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Seadoo xp 787 engine boggs down in the water

Further observation reveals that it does hesitate between fast idle and 1/2 throttle or there abouts and then it revs up out of the water. The extra force on the prop must be keepimg it from revving up when it is in the water. However my problem is the lag between fast idle and go. Out of the water it will rev up past the the fast idle water hose or not, but still it has that lag for a second or two. I tried adjusting the high sppeed scews to a lean carb and rich no difference. I can only run the engine for short time like 30sec or so with no hose. I think my bug is that lag. I am going to open up the low sppeed scews from 1 to 1 1/4 turns and see what that does next.
    Last edited by rpaltz; 06-23-2009, 10:58 PM.

Re: 96 Seadoo xp 787 engine boggs down in the water

Sounds like an air leak causing a lean condition, check carb base gaskets, carb settings and inspect the rear crank seal also try replacing the rotary valve o-ring. If none of these are the issue then you may have to look into an air leak at the cylinders and crank case.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

How does it run on the trailer with NO hose attached? If you had an airleak it would prove that theory then
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Further observation reveals that it does hesitate between fast idle and 1/2 throttle or there abouts and then it revs up out of the water. The extra force on the prop must be keepimg it from revving up when it is in the water. However my problem is the lag between fast idle and go. Out of the water it will rev up past the the fast idle water hose or not, but still it has that lag for a second or two. I tried lean carb and rich no difference. I can only run the engine for short time like 30sec or so with no hose. I think my bug is that lag.

Comment

Further observation reveals that it does hesitate between fast idle and 1/2 throttle or there abouts and then it revs up out of the water. The extra force on the prop must be keepimg it from revving up when it is in the water. However my problem is the lag between fast idle and go. Out of the water it will rev up past the the fast idle water hose or not, but still it has that lag for a second or two. I tried adjusting the high sppeed scews to a lean carb and rich no difference. I can only run the engine for short time like 30sec or so with no hose. I think my bug is that lag. I am going to open up the low sppeed scews from 1 to 1 1/4 turns and see what that does next.

Comment

Working...
          X