Rebuilt Carburetors, now hydraulic locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt Carburetors, now hydraulic locking

Recently rebuilt carb's on my 1997 seadoo XP with SBT's rebuild kit. Worked great, for ~1 month. Now, i just hyrdraulic lock with gas in the cylinders. I opened carb up, everything was clean, and the needle was in the seat. So, where else to look at?

Thanks, shea.

Re: Rebuilt Carburetors, now hydraulic locking

What's the pop off set to? What type of ski? Sound like a leaking needle and seat. Now that the pump diaphragm is "broken in" it's a little looser in the middle, likely applying pressure to the needle arm.

Inspect your carbs again and make sure the needle arm is flush or a little below the internal carb body.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Alright, that's the most since i've heard from every forum person yet. Alright, 1997 XP, Mikuni SBN carbs....i'd like to say 38mm, maybe 40. I'm out at lake gaston right now, and don't have my manuals with me. Now, what do you mean by the "pop"

Comment

GO to the technical articles on this site and read the "how to check your pop off"
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

So when i bought the kit, it didn't come with the right spring? and lets say it is higher then the carb body, what do i need to do? or should i just spend the money and bring it to a...shop :O

Comment

It should have come with many springs, and you should have replaced it color for color... Still have the old springs? pop em back in.
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Hopefully I do. Too bad i'm 2 hours away from my house right now though. Thanks a bunch for the help. Will tell you how it works with old springs. Also, i checked out your site and your ski looks sweet.

Comment

Working...
              X