Oil switch over still confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil switch over still confused

Have read up on subject for days....have decided to switch from BRP mineral oil to BRP XP-S sythetic oil.

I have read hours of various post on lots of forums on switching from mineral to synthetic and still ask: 2000 seadoo challenger ( actually 1999 model by serial #, but seadoo said it was called the 2000 challenger), dual rotax 85 horse engines.

Question is ; if I use a syphon to remove all the mineral oil I can from the oil inject tank, is that sufficent? Can I then just add the new syn. to the tank.....or must I drain the whole system of the minieral oil.
    Can I drain all I can( as in syphon above) and then start it for just a couple minutes to get out old mineral oil from lines, etc? Then just add the new Synt. oil?:)

Thanks, Mark can Doo

Re: Oil switch over still confused

Still no reply??? maybe soon now! be patient

Comment

Re: Oil switch over still confused

4th of July weekend.. Not many people around..

I have always been told never to mix the oils, I was recently informed (by a very credible source) that it's fully acceptable to mix SEADOO oils. If one of your oils are not SD, then don't mix..
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
      X