1996 SP Electrical Starting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 SP Electrical Starting Problem

hey guys, first off thanks for readin this.

anyways, 96 sp. it wont start or even make an attempt to start. the starter isnt clicking either. battery is perfect, been checking it with a volt meter. engine isnt seized up either. and there IS NOT electrical current going to the starter. so were thinking maybe a fuse? if so, where the hell is the fuse box?!

we have been tinkering with it for a while now, and we cant figure out the problem. the last time we put it up, was the 4th of july. and it started and ran JUST fine. anybody have any ideas?

or even an electrical manual would be awesome. i would buy one, but most need paypal and i dont have that. if anyone can get me a manual or tell me what to fix i would be MORE than willing to compensate you financially, but time is of the essence and we have people waiting on us to get this in the water.

thanks guys i hope to hear back from you.

Re: 1996 SP Electrical Starting Problem

http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/199...hop-manual.php

Free....

do you have any power to the gauges?? If so, then it sounds like your starter solenoid is shot.. It's in the black square box, where your spark plug wires go..

You have fuses in that black box, as well as the grey box on the left side of the gas tank.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

thank you SO much for the manual. that might just do the trick but anyway.

there are no gauges, this is an old school seadoo.there is no black square box, just a big grey box that the positive/spark plugs go into. but i gotta take the gas tank and disconnect all the lines to do that. which im thinking i may have to do =/.

while im waiting for the next reply, im going to go take the tanks out and check the fuses, but lets ASSUME thats not the problem. if it isnt, what should my next step be?

Comment

OH.. SP!! I thought you had an XP..

Okay, it's all in the grey box, next to the tank. To remove that box, all you have to do is un hook the positive on the battery, unplug the plug wires and temp sensor and (if your ski has it) unplug the mag harness on the front cover area.

There is a little latch on the grey box mount, on the front of it (by the tank, in the nose). Pull that slightly and the box will come loose. You will have to lift the box and rotate it vertically so that the plug wires are now facing the nose of the ski.. You can then set it on top of the gas tank and open it from there.

It's a pain to open, be careful not to break a latch on the box...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X