Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd engine is in....chasing a carb issue still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd engine is in....chasing a carb issue still?

I am to the 90% break-in period with the new enigne. I pulled carbs apart after the initial rough running. I found my PTO carb diaphram was not right. The little metal disc that sits in the center of it was shaped like a U. WTF? Not sure how that happened because they were new when they went to my local dealer to have those guys go through them. Flattened that back out and installed back on the boat. From idle to about half throttle it's flooding, I believe. The boat just runs very rough in that spot. Pulling the plugs at this point shows them wet with fuel. From half throttle on, the boat runs great. I had a leaking PTO Rave valve that I thought may have been causing the issue. Replaced it with a new one and problem is still there which points me back to the carbs?? LSA has been from 1 full turn out to 2 full turns out with no improvement. HSA is 1/4 turn out. Float sticking? Needle leaking? something else?

Thanks

Re: 3rd engine is in....chasing a carb issue still?

Yes, needle leaking. That disk is important for the ability of the diaphragm to return to normal position after the pop-off. That little disk with a nipple is what "pops" the needle arm.

You need to replace that part and perform an accurate pop-off test on both carbs.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 3rd engine is in....chasing a carb issue still?

I did my best to make that disc flat as it was supposed to be. There was some flex back to the diaphram after that like it should be. Is there an extreme sensitivity with this disc that could be causing this problem? Is it somehow allowing too much fuel? I didn't have a leaking needle before and now I possibly do? I ordered another new kit for the PTO carb and just want a little more clarification on what to look for and what may definitely be the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X