New PWC Owner has questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PWC Owner has questions

1995 xp-720 I installed a new motor, starter, carbs, and vtc motor. I cant find an external fuel filter. Do they come factory? Should I install the one I bought or leave it off? Also How critical is the motor alignment? I did not use a tool but did line it up the best I could see. Can I start this ski on the trailer with no water?

1996 sp 800 How do I no if the oil is being injected so I dont burn it up. The ski is a very clean fresh water unit. The lines look great. Also what kind of oil should I use

Re: New PWC Owner has questions

#1 - The external filter is in the water-sep bowl, under where the hood latches. It's meant to pick out large debris. You can put in your own inline filter, but make sure it's approved for oil/gas mix too.. and the screen can't be too restrictive. Motor alignment is very critical. Bad alignment can; Destroy your pump, sink your ski, trash your PTO crank bearing, strip your driveshaft splines, bend your driveshaft... etc.. Yes, you can start it out of the water for 30 seconds at a time with no flush hose attached.

#2 - You have to pull the pump and hook it up to a drill to visually confirm that the oil injection is working. Use XPS-II synthetic oil.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorgejr View Post
      1995 xp-720 I installed a new motor, starter, carbs, and vtc motor. I cant find an external fuel filter. Do they come factory? Should I install the one I bought or leave it off? Also How critical is the motor alignment? I did not use a tool but did line it up the best I could see. Can I start this ski on the trailer with no water?

1996 sp 800 How do I no if the oil is being injected so I dont burn it up. The ski is a very clean fresh water unit. The lines look great. Also what kind of oil should I use

Do you think I should take it somwhere to get the motor aligned?

There are 2 fuel lines on the ski near the carb. 1 line splits into 2 then a 3rd line. when i blow back thru the line that split into 2 I can hear it in the tank. The other line I cant even blow thru. Is it restricted?

Comment

Yes, take it to a shop to have a proper alignment done..

The line that splits is the return, so you can hear that one easy.. The single line is IN, and if your fuel selector switch it turned to off, you will not be able to blow through..
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X