05 rxp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 rxp

ok i replace my s/c with x model i have a noise comeing from inside the housing remove super and noise goes away, has anyone had to replace the gear after a s/c falure do to a couple chipped teeth or can it bend the flywheel
    my old s/c gear blew the gear up and fell in the bottom, got all the peices out the motor was locked up but it was caused the gear locked it up, but as i said without the new s/c in it runs normal and no noise,has any one run into this problem

Re: 05 rxp

So, what you are saying, you are actually starting the motor and then you hear the noise? If this is the case, are you running the motor with no SC in the PTO housing? If so how the heck are you keeping the oil from not coming out of the SC hole?

I find it very hard to believe that your SC gear exploded/locked up the engine and has not damaged your flywheel and or teeth. How do you know you pulled all the micro shattered steel pieces out of the engine? Did you look at you oil pump screen?

If that was my engine, I would remove it from hull, remove PTO housing/ inspect clean, remove oil pump housing/clean, remove bottom engine case/clean, and then flush engine and oil cooler. 3 days job

Comment

Kevin the noise you hear could be from damaged teeth on the flywheel, the ones that engage to the supercharger gear.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

we did pull the ingine remove pto cover and flushed engine we found all the needle bearings stuck to the magneto, and yes the gear did break in to 2 pieces, not sure how this happen either, but it did

Comment

Not being famillar with the s\c engine, but if the gears you are talking about are internal you need to pull that engine all apart and clean it, if you don't you will be grinding it up with all FOD from the broken gears, cheaper to do it now than later,,,tg :)

Comment

flywheel fixed problem just for anyones info

Comment

Working...
            X