98 GTX Limited ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GTX Limited ISSUE

Let me try this again. Just looking for a little help. I have received it here before and thought it was very helpful and considerate.

My ski will only go up to 44 mph at full throttle and than drops to about 20 at full throttle.
    Changed plugs. Checked impeller. Checked gas "On/Off valve.

Any suggestions?

Replaced regulator at beginning of season. Electrical box got wet last year.

Re: 98 GTX Limited ISSUE

Sounds like a fuel issue, follow the fuel line to the filter water seperator under the front, check it and there are filters in the carbs, may be pulged.
    you may also have water in the fuel. Is the compression good ?,,,tg :)

Comment

How old is the gas? What plugs are you using? Any rusty connections in the E box? Was the ski winterized properly last year?
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

It was my 3rd tank of gas while at the lake. So I assume it was good gas. Gas did run low. May hve sucked something up.

Put in new plugs and pulled after a short run, and they were wet. In line as filter had some dirt in it. Where exactly are the filters on the carb? Is the water seperator different than the in line fuel filter that attaches to he fuel on aff valve?

Comment

Gas ran low.. how low, like totally out? or switched to reserve?

There's a very good chance it's your carbs that are plugged up with stuff. People who don't run reserve often usually end up plugging a carb with crap, since the old gas site in that line, waiting to be used.. It deteriorates the line..

The filters are inside the carb, under a cover plate. You have to remove the carbs from the ski to service them correctly.

The only other filter on that ski, stock, is in the water sep bowl.
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yes it ran low and I did switch to reserve. I guess when time permits I will have to pull the carbs. Pulled the carbs once before and what a pain that was.

Thanks for replying. The networking of people is a wonderful thing.

Comment

I did mine just two weeks ago, not to bad, next time it will be alot easer, be sure your excelerater pumps are working, this is the time to put a diaphram in it also if it's not perfect, just trying to help,,,tg :) bench check the pumps and the pop offs

Comment

Working...
              X