RXP-X 255 dsolie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RXP-X 255 dsolie

Do I want a 255 or a 215 ? didnt know about them...how fast are they stock and what is possible and still keep the reliablity, are they reliable ?
    what about the RXT ? Thanks, Tony:):):)

Re: RXP-X 255 dsolie

Early 255 RXT-x's have hull problems, The RXP-x seems to be a nice ski and has alot of nice hardware, the RXP 215 is still a great ski and can be set up to run just as fast as the 255. They are reliable as long as you do your supercharger maintenance.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

As reliable as the weakest link, which is that SC, yeah they are powerful but you are giving up some reliability for it. My next #2 ski will be the 4tec NA, just so I don't have to deal with it and worry about bad luck with the proper maintenance.

Comment

In stock form, the 255 is a good ski.. start adding mods and you will have problems. There is an overstuff issue with the new pump tunnel design that causes havoc on the safety of the ski.

Find a used (non salt) 215, and mod from there.. if you want. My suggestion is to find an 06+ 215 (they have better valves).

Regardless, the SC will need to be rebuilt every 100 hours.

Both ski's go 70.. the 255 just get's there a little faster.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Just for my info, what kind if havoc does the intake cause on the 255 and what can a person do to correct the problem ? any other info would be good, Thanks,,,Tony:)

Comment

It's extremely technical.. It's called overstuff... And pretty much it creates a pressure in the tunnel that acts like an airlock, causing the ski to literally slam on the brakes and send you overboard...

There are pressure relief mods out there that help with the issue.
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

They were telling me about that today at the sea doo dealer, I didn't know what they were talking about, I did look under there and see the blades on the grate that are 90 degrees to the grate runners, is that what you are talking about. I dont want to get something that is a problem, can it be fixed so it is safe ? Why did sea doo do that if it is not safe..

Thanks, Tony :)

Comment

Seadoo made it safe in stock form... They cannot predict what mods and speeds people will attempt to make with the skis..

That's like dropping a LS1 corvette motor in a Geo Metro and bitching that Geo didn't make the axles well enough to handle the power..

There are cheap mods, like modifying the intake grate etc that help, but if you are going to go big power, you will need to install pressure relief mods in your tunnel and pump.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

OK, you had said to get the 215 rather than the 255, if the 255 is ok I think I would rather have more power, unless the is a real advantage to the 215, let me know what you think and why, I don't know and I don't want to get the wrong one. What is the disadvantage to the 255 ? I will leave the engines Stock I think. What do they do to get 255 rather than 215 ?,,,Thanks, Tony :):):)

Comment

If your going to leave it stock, or stock"ish".. Go for the 255.. If you plan on modding it (a lot), get a 215.

Disadvantage to the 255 is that you ALWAYS have to run 91+ octane, and it becomes potentially unsafe when you mod it.

Advantage to the 255 is the pure grunt of that motor.. That thing pulls like a freight train.
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Thanks, A lot to think about. I read all these posts about water in the oil and broken s/c's and it makes me think I will just stay with simple, Thanks,Tony :)

Comment

If you want reliable and simple, but want fuel efficiency and being able to idle all day long.. Get a 155 N/A
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Thank you for the input, I love fast stuff but I don't want to be working on it all the time eather, my Schiada 21 is very reliable with a twin turbocharged 468 BBC 95 MPH, I've always had fast things, thanks again, Tony:)

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
                            If you want reliable and simple, but want fuel efficiency and being able to idle all day long.. Get a 155 N/A
                            I second that, BTW how fast is the NA stock?

Comment

They are not that slow... You get the Gti LE and it still rips at around 65, not too bad out of the hole either..
                              Dan Solie -
                              94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                              X