92 GTX stalled cranked but no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 GTX stalled cranked but no spark

I have a 92 gtx with a 587 motor all stock the last time out we had the ski on the water for all of 10 maybe 15 minutes and it was running fine no buzzer or anything then all of the sudden it just completely shut down as though you had ripped the lanyard off. Tried to restart it and it was getting fuel but no spark. I didn't really have any tools other then a spark plug wrench so I was kind of limited in what I could check. The fuses were both ok and not blown. Tried several times to restart it and nothing was still cranking but no starting and no spark. Let the ski sit on the trailer several hours later out of curiosity I tried to start it and it fired right up. I have not had any opportunities to get it back on the water since but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to check or where to look if it happens again. Thanks
    Chris

Re: 92 GTX stalled cranked but no spark

Battery voltage may be too low to keep the machine running. Check your cranking voltage then see what the battery is charging at with the ski running. You want a min. of 10.5 cranking volts and charging should be at 13 volts or better as the engine is running.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X