97 xp800 won't plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 xp800 won't plane

I had issues with bad gas, drained the tank as best i could and also added a fuel stabilizer, no when i take it out it starts up fine and also idles o.k., but when i start to accelerate it rev's up high and stays at a low speed....I changed out the spark plugs, but this didn't help.....Am i looking at a carb. rebuild now because of the earlier fuel issues???? Also my vts hasn't worked since i purchased the seadoo, in it's current position i had no problem getting up to full speed with 2 passengers's......now i can't get it to plane with one person riding it...

Re: 97 xp800 won't plane

Are the fuel lines the original gray ones? Replace those, clean the fuel filter, clean the filters in the dual carb - both ones..

Wait.. does it rev really high, and you just arent going anywhere? Check the wear ring, look up in your intake grate and see if chunks are missing from the plastic ring that goes around the impeller.

Comment

That's exactly what it does, rev's high and doesn't go anywhere.......is this expensive to fix??????

Comment

Wear ring and / or impeller. A couple hundred bucks, and you can do it yourself if you are handy with a wrench.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

If you do it yourself, wear ring is about $35 from SBT - impeller will be $25 for a refurbished one..

Since you have the 97 it will be EASY as pie to take off, and you will not have to reseal anything with ultra black - however put some silicone in the area where you push the jet pump back on to make it seal good...

You will literally only have to take off the VTS control arm screw, steering screw, 4 17mm nuts and it will come out with ease - if it doesnt come out easily, take 2 17mm nuts off the bottom 2 screws INSIDE the hull..

You can replace your wear ring without taking the impeller off, just cut the wear ring at a 45 degree angle with a hacksaw blade, and then make another cut next to it to get about a dime sized distance between the 2 cuts... take the chunk out and then you should work your way around the wear ring with a thin butter knife or so, and then it should pull right out.

tap the new one in evenly with a rubber mallet AFTER you clean all residue, corrosion if any, any bits and pieces left from the old one.

Comment

The correct way to do it is to service the pump while you are in there.. pull the impeller, replace the pump oil, replace the o-rings and washers etc..
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

thanks for all your help, this is a great forum!!

Comment

when i replace the pump oil, can i use the same gear oil that i have for my outboards???

Comment

No.. You need to use sea-doo pump oil or ATF.
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Seadoo oil is only $10 or $12, and lasts for I think 3 uses?

Comment

Is there a post somewhere explaining how to change out the pump oil on the 97xp?

Comment

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ead.php?t=4088
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

thanks for all the help, it turned out to be a blockage in the intake grating, once i removed the debris all is well again!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X