96 GSX bogging in water please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GSX bogging in water please help

I have rebuilt carbs runs great on trailer touchy throttle everything great but put it in the water and idles fine and you punch the throttle it will take off but then starts sputtering let off throttle idles fine then you can get back on it for 1 sec and it repeats. Things i have done rebuilt carbs, replaced grey fuel line with sbt fuel line, did an oil block off plate followed all directions, set the low needles back factory spec. did not remove high speed needles during rebuild could this be my problem. i did soak the carbs in cleaner. please help i want to get out this weekend....

Re: 96 GSX bogging in water please help

I would look at the high speed screws, see where they are at.. should be closed. There is also a possibility that the carb cleaner degraded the rubber orings around the adjuster needle and those are now stuck in a fuel passage somewhere.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I pulled the carbs back off took them apart and what is the high speed needle need to be at when i took the plastic cap off i checked where they were and they were screwed all the way in. Is this normal? all orifices are open. idles great and when you first get on the throttle than it seems like its starving for gas. it is not getting air in the fuel line so what could it be?????

Comment

High speed screws should be lightly seated (closed).

Try opening up your low speed adjuster a little, see if the hesitation goes away.

Have you installed a fuel filter? Have you cleaned the fuel slelector valve?
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X