95 xp lack of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 xp lack of power

my 95 xp has a new top end but still lacks power, runs fine on the trailer but in water wont go above 4000rpm, the lack of power really started when i had the carbs apart and replaced the pump diaphram, any ideas?

Re: 95 xp lack of power

Which 95xp? 717 or 787?

Compression? Full carb rebuild, or just replaced the diaphragm? Pop-off pressure is at what?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

compression is in the upper140s, new top end, i had already cleaned out the carbs, even tried with the old diaphram in it to, oh yea, its a 720 motor, how do you do the pop off, this is something i dont really understand, im used to outboards with floatbowls. I was going to blow compressed air through all the holes in the carbs tommorow.

Comment

You have to have a special tool to check the pop-off...

Try a few things while you are blowing through the carbs.. Clean out the fuel selector switch, replace the old deteriorating grey fuel lines, make SURE the internal filters are clean, make sure you are running NGK BR8ES plugs, trim back the plug wires and make sure you have fresh fuel.

Also, make sure that when you blow out the carbs to remove the high and low adjusters and blow through there too! When you put them back in, replace to stock settings of 1-1/4 (+/-1/4) Lows and 0 turns on the high.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

have new napa fuel lines, clean fuel, clean tank, clean filters, was going to do the carbs today but yardwork took over, maybe ill get to it tommorow, let ya know how it goes

Comment

Working...
          X