o3 gtx sc oil issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o3 gtx sc oil issues

I am working on a GTX supercharged and I am having trouble with my oil level. I have replace the oil pumps and main bearings do to a sc failure. I added 4.5 liters (almost 5 quarts) and as soon as I ran it to check the oil the correct way, there was no oil on the dipstick. I have tried to add more oil and it still isn't on the dipstick. There is no oil collecting in the hull, and it is not putting oil out the exuast. I have not had it running long enough for it to burn a quart +. Is it possible that one of the oil pumps is not pumping? The engine has oil pressure. Is it possible that a gasket is not cut right, not allowing oil to transfer back to the sump?

My water pump leaked when I put it back togather, so I toar it apart again I measured the oil and there was 5 quarts in it altough it didn't show up on the dipstick. I inspected the pto housing, and didn't find any thing that looked out of order. When I put it all back togather again, I still have the same problem. It now has 6 quarts of oil, and still no sign on the dipstick. Should I look at the front pump next? I have even checked the dipstick part number to make sure it is correct. It looks like someone didn't know what they were doing has worked on the engine before, and I am trying to get it fixed right.

Re: o3 gtx sc oil issues

Are you sure your dipstick guide tube is correctly seated in the case and on the intake? I have done that before and put WAY too much oil in by accident.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

The dipstick tube is in the hole and the tabs are on the top and bottom of the intake. I asked a friend to measure his dipstick to make sure someone has not messed with it, but I have not heard back from him. It measures 16.5in just measureing the metal only, not the plastic. I even put the top cover on to check if the tube comes out of the hole in the right place.

I am starting to pull my hair out with this one.

Comment

Hello all,

I have pulled the motor apart to see what I can find. Apperently, the oil is collecting in the rear pto housing. The port that runs up to the front pump was not pluged. There is a small bleed hole in the cover for the front pump, some junk blew out of there that could have cloged it. It goes between the vent pipe and the front side of the front screen. I don't know if that was not letting the front pump prime. It acts like the front pump is not pumping.

If anyone has ever had problems with the front oil pump not pumping, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X