No announcement yet.

What happens if drive shaft disengaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if drive shaft disengaged?

I have a 97XP, I was removing my engine to send to SBT for the core, and in the guide it said to hold the shaft to make sure it doesn't disengage, but unfortantly it did. Just happened that way. It was kind of clumsy so I spun it couple of times and it engaged again, now how do I know everything engaged successfully back there?

Also in the manual it said to make sure not to lose the two rubber parts? But there is only one on the drive shaft? What does it mean?
    The pictures looked a bit different so I suppose the 800 manual was from 95-96XP not the new 97 and up. Did the drive shaft change? Or what? Thx

The 97 XP only has one bumber, your engine side has a rubber dampner and fingered coupler. There is no rotational alignment, if it fits you got it right.

Comment

I mean the other side of of the driveshaft, the one that doesn't go into the engine, it goes into that box, I think it disengaged there and then I put it back in, everything seems fine, is that what you mean?

Comment

your fine they are talking about the bumper that is at the end of the driveshaft where it goes into the impeller,

Comment

If you are worried about it, remove the little cover under the shock tower and look at it.

When you are experenced enough, you can feel it with your fingers to see if it is seated correctly, without removing the cover.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X