No announcement yet.

Question about the color of SBT motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the color of SBT motor?

I received my new 787 motor for my 97XP. Looks very nice and clean and the paint is sharp too. However the paint was not white like the original motor was :( . It was silver color, metallic color and my original was white. Now I had repaint the from cover and the pto to match the color.. Is that normal? Thanks...

Oh Yes, when I disassembled my engine (core) and put it it back together, I forgot to screw in 1 cylinder bolt, I don't want to take off the head just to screw in that 1 screw what should I do?
    Thx

Comment

We paint our engines to the latest Factory color.

We do not need the core assembled.

Comment

The color issue has to be annoying for the customer, if he now has a miss matched engine bay, with a white exhaust, rv cover, magneto housing, pto etc,

Surely you could give the option of 2 colors? I mean you are painting it anyhow?

Comment

That's more paint colors to carry, and seprate inventory to make and stock. It's not an option.

Comment

I also just painted all of my parts so that I am ready when my motor comes.

I painted them white.

If I must repaint them can you give me a heads up on the actual color that they will need to be?

Is it silver gloss?

I was also told that SBT uses a special paint that changes color if the motor has been run hot. Is this true? Just curious.

Comment

My 800 engine for my 97XP was silver mettalic.. Original was white :(

Comment

Funny how timing works, I just got a GTXL into the shop that needed a battery awhile back, so the owner went to Walmart, bought a battery and installed it, pinching the main waterline in the process. Now he has a bright gold exhaust manifold that leaks water like a sieve.
                OEM white paint changes colors when overheated. OEM yellow does too. I had an old 580 with a sick greenish colored head on it.
                It is amazing that these boats still hold good compression and run like they were never hot. You would think they were cooked.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

The people with recent silver motors would complain if it was white, the older owners complain if it's silver. We can't make everyone happy with the color, sorry. Sea-Doo does it the same way - if you need a color match for the obsolete colors you will need to paint yourself.

No, our paint does not change color - you mis heard. We have temp dots on our heads that change color if overheated.

Comment

Working...
                  X